This multi-functional treat bag has been designed with lots of features to maximize training effectiveness and add flexibility to your training session. A must-have bird training accessory for every bird owner.
Maximize training effectiveness
- Keeps treats out of eyeshot to keep your parrot focused on the training session instead of being distracted by the treats
- Lets you instantly reward your bird at the moment he does something right (very important to reinforce desirable behaviours)
Adds flexibility to your training session
- No more fiddling with treat containers and zip lock bags
- No need to hold treats in hand
- Very useful to practice recall training around the home or if you train your parrot outdoors
- Wide opening for easy access to treats
- No-spill pull cord closure
- Different ways to wear - Wear on your waist with adjustable belt for a customizable fit or belt clip for direct attachment to waist
- Includes an adjustable waist belt or over the shoulder strap
- Small outer pocket with elastic mouth - handy for keeping your other training accessories like the Bird Training Clicker + Whistle close at hand
Learn more about how you can start clicker and target training your birds here.
This Bird Training Treat Bag is included in our Bird Training Starter Kit. The kit contains everything you need to start training with your birds.
Suitable for all parrots.
What are the benefits of training my parrot?
Training with your parrot using kind, respectful and positive reinforcement training methods is extremely beneficial to their overall well being and is 100% guaranteed to vastly improve your relationship with your birds.
Parrots are extremely intelligent animals. Did you know that scientists have found that parrots have the intelligence equal to a mid-sized primate and a five year old human child? Training your parrot gives them a sense of challenge and achievement which enriches their mind.
Parrots are flock animals and require a lot of attention. Training with your birds is a form of giving them attention which is a great bonding experience especially when they associate you with fun playtime and desirable rewards. Training is a great way to build trust especially with an untame and handshy bird.
Due to their intelligence and need for attention, a bored parrot is likely to develop undesirable behavior and habits such as screaming, aggression, chronic egg laying, feather plucking etc. Training regularly with your parrots will help keep them stimulated and occupied, reducing or preventing those problem behaviours.
Recall training with your parrots provides them the opportunity to practice flying, keeps them active and improves their stamina and fitness too!