The most versatile toy set you could possibly get for your small parrot! Not just a foraging toy, it is also a shredding, chewing and foot toy in one.
All the toys in this Toy Pack is virtually indestructible by a small parrot and dishwashable
Basic Foraging Toy Pack contains:
- 1 Stainless Steel Birdie Skewer (12cm)
- 1 Creative Foraging Systems Refillable Buffet Party Foraging Ball (9cm diameter)
Use the Stainless Steel Birdie Skewer to..
- Encourage your bird to forage for food
- Introduce fruits and vegetables to your bird
- Skewer bird-safe materials such as cardboard, paper and wood blocks to make an instant shredding and chewing toy
The Buffet Party Foraging Ball is not just a foraging toy, it’s a..
- Foraging Toy: Fill with treats, fresh or dehydrated fruit, nuts, sliced veggies, large pellets etc. Parrots will work at the openings to extract the food
- Puzzle Toy: Fill with soft wood pieces, coloured paper etc, and add a preferred treat. Parrots will roll the ball around for hours to retrieve the contents
- Noise Maker: Add a few medium size plastic beads or a bell, Parrots will pick it up, shake it and amuse themselves for extended periods of time
- Foot Toy: Instead of skewering the Buffet Party Foraging Ball on the Stainless Steel Skewer, place it on the bottom of the cage or present out of the cage on a flat surface. The Ball is light enough for medium size parrots i.e Senegals, Caiques etc. to pick up and hold the ball to retrieve any hidden items.
Suitable for all species and sizes of parrots. The toys are suitable for all types of cages.
Why do birds need foraging toys?
Foraging is a behavioral need for parrots. Wild parrots spend up to 70% of their day searching for food. After finding food, they have to crack and peel open their food which takes most of their day and keeps them occupied. Also, it has been found that parrots prefer to perform some sort of work for food even when "free" food is available.
By providing foraging toys, you will provide your bird with a purpose, a mental challenge, increased opportunities for exercise, play time and a reward for their effort!
Imported from Europe
Some of the toys in this toy pack are imported from Europe, which means the toys have passed rigorous EU safety standards.
Made of 100% bird safe materials
The stainless steel skewer is made of stainless steel, while the Buffet Party Foraging Ball is made of lightweight, durable polycarbonate.
Metal hanging clips supplied with the stainless steel skewer is made of stainless steel (NO lead/zinc).
How to fill the Buffet Party Foraging Ball
Twist the halves counter clockwise, add your choice of enrichment material. Twist to close.
How to clean the Stainless Steel Skewer and Buffet Party Foraging Ball
May be hand washed and is dishwasher safe
When introducing new toys to your bird, monitor your bird with the toy for the first few days until you are sure he is interacting safely with his new toy.
Some of the toys come with a metal cage clip. When hanging the toys on the cage bars ensure that the cage clip is fully screwed on to prevent entrapment.