Limited quantity left, will not re-stock!
This flavourful parrot tea blend is packed with Vitamins A and C as well as potassium, calcium and antioxidants that help strengthen your bird's immune system, among many other benefits. See ingredient list for breakdown.
This tea blend contains full-bodied flowers and fruits like hibiscus and rosehip which gives the tea infusion a robust fruity taste that is especially attractive to parrots.
This blend is especially great for hormonal birds, picky eaters, birds on a full/high seed diet or birds that typically consume flowers in their wild diet (e.g. Lories and Lorikeets)
7 ways to serve avian tea:
- Brew the tea ingredients in hot/cold water and let your birds drink directly - with or without the herbs in
- Add dry or brewed tea ingredients directly into your birds' fresh chop
- Add dry tea ingredients into your birds' dry food mix for enrichment and to encourage foraging behaviour
- Add dry tea ingredients into suitable foraging toys
- Scatter the dry tea ingredients into a dry shallow dish for your birds to forage and browse through (enrichment activity)
- Offer the tea water in a bath, or shower your birds with the tea water using a spray/mist bottle
- Ice tea lollies: Freeze the tea water into ice cubes and offer your birds to cool down on a hot day (optional: add fresh fruits in the ice cubes)
How to brew the tea:
- Add 1.5 tsp of tea to 300ml of water
- Brew the tea using either one of the following methods:
- Hot brew: Steep tea blend in hot (70-80°c) water for 3-5 minutes OR
- Cold brew: Steep tea blend in cool water for 6-12 hours in the fridge
- Can be fed to all parrot sizes
- Can be fed interchangeably for variety and enrichment
- Can be served daily
Lowers blood pressure, naturally lowers cholesterol, full of antioxidants that fight free radical damage caused by poor diet, reduces obesity (fatty liver disease), acts as a natural antidepressant.
(Note: Avoid consuming extremely high doses as it can affect liver function)
Commonly used for its calming effects, helps with anxiety and relieves skin irritation due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. High in potassium, contains flavonoids that lowers blood sugar and helps with sleep and relaxation.
Rosehip fruit shells
Naturally very high in Vitamin C which is known for being effective in increasing immune system function. Also high in Vitamin A and reduces obesity.
Used as a natural remedy for anxiety and unbalanced blood sugar. High in Vitamin A, helps kill bacteria and infections, controls blood glucose levels, balances hormones and lowers stress, relieves fever, recommended herb for respiratory issues, good source of Vitamin K which plays an important role in bone and heart health, is a perfect source to prevent Vitamin K deficiency and supports eye health.
Packed with Vitamin A, high in Vitamin C, potassium and calcium, protects bones, supports liver detoxification (helps with metal poisoning), aids digestive system, good for skin infections, high in antioxidants (substances that helps prevent certain types of cell damage), high in fibre, serves as a diuretic and helps strengthen the immune system.
Preparation and serving tips
Never use boiling water to brew tea as boiling water will destroy the beneficial compounds in almost any tea
You can choose to strain the tea ingredients or leave the tea ingredients in the tea
When first provided with tea, some birds will be suspicious so it is recommended to dilute the tea with more water and increase the concentration as they become familiar with the appearance and taste of the tea over time
Serve fresh, plain water alongside the tea to give birds a choice
Storage and safety tips
Refrigerate unserved brewed tea for up to 2 days
Remove brewed tea from your bird's cage after 4 hours to avoid spoilage as tea is a raw, whole food source
If brewing the tea in hot water, make sure to cool tea to room temperature before serving
Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight
Complementary parrot food. Remember, this product is not a replacement for water.
This is a pet product which is not intended to be used for medicinal purposes or cure any illness, nor for human consumption.