Limited quantity left, will not re-stock!
This tea blend helps to relieve stress and anxiety and improves your bird's skin and feather quality.
This delicious tea blend contains leaves and flowers that are rich in minerals and vitamins, such as chamomile and lavender that are both known for its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. This blend is especially great for nervous and anxious birds, feather plucking/moulting birds and birds prone to night frights.
7 ways to serve avian tea:
- Brew the tea ingredients in hot/cold water and let your birds drink directly - with or without the herbs in
- Add dry or brewed tea ingredients directly into your birds' fresh chop
- Add dry tea ingredients into your birds' dry food mix for enrichment and to encourage foraging behaviour
- Add dry tea ingredients into suitable foraging toys
- Scatter the dry tea ingredients into a dry shallow dish for your birds to forage and browse through (enrichment activity)
- Offer the tea water in a bath, or shower your birds with the tea water using a spray/mist bottle
- Ice tea lollies: Freeze the tea water into ice cubes and offer your birds to cool down on a hot day (optional: add fresh fruits in the ice cubes)
How to brew the tea:
- Add 1.5 tsp of tea to 300ml of water
- Brew the tea using either one of the following methods:
- Hot brew: Steep tea blend in hot (70-80°c) water for 3-5 minutes OR
- Cold brew: Steep tea blend in cool water for 6-12 hours in the fridge
- Can be fed to all parrot sizes
- Can be fed interchangeably for variety and enrichment
- Can be served daily
Healthy skin and feathers, relieves stress and anxiety, anti-inflammatory, strengthens immunity
Made from high-quality organic human grade ingredients
Chamomile Flower, Calendula Flower, Rooibos Leaf, Lavender Angustifolia Flower, Ginger Root
Preparation and serving tips
Never use boiling water to brew tea as boiling water will destroy the beneficial compounds in almost any tea
You can choose to strain the tea ingredients or leave the tea ingredients in the tea
When first provided with tea, some birds will be suspicious so it is recommended to dilute the tea with more water and increase the concentration as they become familiar with the appearance and taste of the tea over time
Serve fresh, plain water alongside the tea to give birds a choice
Storage and safety tips
Refrigerate unserved brewed tea for up to 2 days
Remove brewed tea from your bird's cage after 4 hours to avoid spoilage as tea is a raw, whole food source
If brewing the tea in hot water, make sure to cool tea to room temperature before serving
Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight
Complementary parrot food. Remember, this product is not a replacement for water.
This is a pet product which is not intended to be used for medicinal purposes or cure any illness, nor for human consumption.