New and improved! Made by the same manufacturer as Hagen Vision cages, this original LillipHut cage have the same make and quality that parronts already know and love - with additional new features!
Comes in 2 options:
1. Cage only
2. Sleep well package: Cage + made to measure sleeping cover (U.P $254, save $9)
Cage features and benefits:
(NEW FEATURE) Wider cage length and width
- Extra 35% space compared to older designs
Unique "less mess" base design
- The combination of debris guard, deep base, and placement of the food/water bowls help keep waste, food crumbs and feather dander contained in the cage base even when bird is moving inside the cage
- Raised ridges on the inside of base provide air circulation which helps prevent mildew
- Transparent debris guard allows parronts to observe birds
Easy-clean cage design
- Base is completely detachable from the cage for simplified cage cleaning - simply detach the cage portion from the base and empty the contents of the base directly into the bin
- "No drawer" cage design as bird waste often misses the drawer, dropping into gaps between the cage base and the drawer. When this happens, parronts usually have to dismantle the cage in order to clean the base and drawer, often a time-consuming and messy process.
Multi-grip perches included
- Ergonomic perch design promotes circulation in birds' feet and helps prevent foot problems such as bumblefoot, making them a better alternative than single-diameter dowel perches
- Perches can be easily attached and secured from the outside of the cage for greater convenience to parront and reduces stress to bird during maintenance
- Entirely made of non-toxic plastic which allows for easy cleaning and disinfection
(NEW FEATURE) Special side door
- Provides an alternative access door for bird to enter and exit cage
- Allows attachment of an external water bath or an optional nest-box (only for breeding)
- Door is secured by a click-tight lock to prevent escape
Double compartment food/water bowls with poop shield
- Allows for a variety of feeding options (e.g. dry and fresh food), making it more convenient for parronts to serve birds a varied diet
- Food/water bowls can be securely attached to the cage base, preventing birds from tipping over the bowls
- Poop shields over each bowl prevent waste from dropping into food/water from above
Dedicated food/water bowl access doors
- Food/water bowls can be easily accessed from the outside of the cage through special access doors for greater convenience to parront and reduces stress to bird during maintenance
- Transparent access doors allows parronts to observe birds eating and drinking
Bird-proof secure locking mechanism
- All access doors are secured by a click-tight lock to prevent escape
Front door pivots at a 90° angle
- Two 10.5cm wide doors opens up to a 22cm x 14.5cm spacious access gap that allows parronts to easily reach into the cage for more convenient cleaning and maintenance as compared to cages with a slide-up door mechanism
- When the front doors are opened, the doors become platforms for birds to enter and leave the cage more easily
Safe anti-topple design
- Sturdy cage structure and appropriate cage weight provides a more secure home for birds as compared to light and flimsy wire cages
- Rubber anti-slip pads on four corners of the cage bottom grip cage to surface, preventing cage from sliding around or toppling from strong winds/accidental knocks
Quick and easy snap-fit assembly
- No screws, hooks or tools are required to assemble and disassemble the cage. Cage can be safely and easily assembled by one person.
Made of bird-safe materials
- Made of high quality non-toxic plastic and low-carbon, rust-resistant wire with a lead and zinc-safe paint finish
This cage is suitable as a home for small parrots such as parrotlets, budgies, lovebirds, cockatiels and other similar sized birds, not exceeding 16.5cm in body length only, excluding the tail.
Dimensions when fully set up: 62.5cm (L) x 39.5cm (W) x 57cm (H)
Cage bar gap: 1.1cm
Original LillipHut accessories included
2x food and water bowls, 2x poop protector shields, 2x multi-grip plastic perches
Made of 100% bird safe materials
Non-toxic plastic and low-carbon, rust-resistant wire with a lead and zinc-safe paint finish
Parrots should not be left permanently in cages. All pet birds should be provided with a few hours of out-of-cage time a day for social interaction, enrichment and exercise that is essential to their welfare and wellbeing.
If your birds will be in their cages for extended periods of time (more than 8 hours), it is strongly recommended to opt for the largest cage possible that is safe and appropriate for your bird’s species.
Safety and storage notes
This cage is intended to be used as indoor housing for small parrots and is not intended to be kept outdoors (e.g. balcony or service yard) for your bird's safety and wellbeing. Prolonged exposure to outdoor elements can also cause increased wear and tear of the cage, corrosion of the metal bars and premature yellowing of the white plastic base.
Assembling/disassembling the cage
Follow the steps in the provided assembly manual to properly assemble and disassemble the cage. No screws, hooks or tools are required to assemble and disassemble the cage.
Cleaning the cage
The cage can be washed under running water or wiped with a soft cloth. To prevent scratches, do not scrub with cleaning materials with an abrasive surface such as a scouring pad.