Would you like to..
- Build a positive relationship with your parrot?
- Help your parrot be less scared or aggressive (taming)?
- Teach your parrot to step up?
- Teach your parrot to fly to you on command (recall)?
- Teach your parrot fun tricks?
- Properly train your parrot without needing to lure with a treat?
Our Clicker + Whistle Combo is a training aid that combines two of the most important bird training tools; a clicker and a whistle, making it an essential training product to teach your bird these positive reinforcement training concepts:
- Clicker training
- Whistle training
- Target training (*requires a straight stick)
- Trick training
- 100% Plastic
- Wipe clean
- Ergonomic design that makes it easy to use and hold
- Stretchable wristband
- The whistle provides the additional flexibility to include distance commands to a training program such as outdoor free flying recall
Learn more about how you can start clicker and target training your birds here
This Clicker + Whistle Combo is included in our Bird Training Starter Kit. The kit contains everything you need to start training with your birds.
Suitable for all parrots.
What are the benefits of training my parrot?
Training with your parrot using kind, respectful and positive reinforcement training methods is extremely beneficial to their overall well being and is 100% guaranteed to vastly improve your relationship with your birds.
Parrots are extremely intelligent animals. Did you know that scientists have found that parrots have the intelligence equal to a mid-sized primate and a five year old human child? Training your parrot gives them a sense of challenge and achievement which enriches their mind.
Parrots are flock animals and require a lot of attention. Training with your birds is a form of giving them attention which is a great bonding experience especially when they associate you with fun playtime and desirable rewards. Training is a great way to build trust especially with an untame and handshy bird.
Due to their intelligence and need for attention, a bored parrot is likely to develop undesirable behavior and habits such as screaming, aggression, chronic egg laying, feather plucking etc. Training regularly with your parrots will help keep them stimulated and occupied, reducing or preventing those problem behaviours.
Recall training with your parrots provides them the opportunity to practice flying, keeps them active and improves their stamina and fitness too!